Dotty DIY Dress

Dress: Handmade, Boots – Schuh, Bag – ASOS, Hat & Sunglasses – H&M

I am not the best sewer but I recently wanted to make a casual dress in a similar style to the River Island dress that I posted about here. I couldn’t find a cheap-ish sewing pattern in the style that I wanted so I got chopping, pinning and stitching. If anyone knows about sewing I would consider looking away now – I think I was sewing illegally, I didn’t follow any rules and I broke the machine.

Although it didn’t turn out exactly how I envisioned, I have worn it a few times and it is great for smart-ish summer wear. I’m going to (try) and make a new one with a different material. I will write about how I did it next time I make a dress just in case anyone would like to do similar – but you’re only allowed to read it if you have no idea about sewing otherwise you will be horrified by my sewing methods of madness.

It’s almost the weekend – woop-di-woop! Have a great one.

Lots of Love.

15 Comments

1. July 4, 2013 / 10:28 pm

Love this!! I don't think I'd ever be able to put a dress together. It's lovely!! I'm just starting blogging (as of yesterday) but, the address is:

Fashiondependant.blogspot.co.uk

It's not much cop but there we are x

• July 7, 2013 / 1:50 pm

Thank you so much πŸ™‚ That sounds great – i'm going to check you blog out now πŸ™‚ x

2. July 4, 2013 / 10:43 pm

Looks like you did a good job, this dress is super cute!

3. July 5, 2013 / 12:47 pm

I'm impressed with it – i've never sewed so in my eyes it's wonderful! As long as it looks fit on who cares how you done it eh?!
    Sophie
    x

• July 7, 2013 / 1:51 pm

Thank you! Aha yes that's what I thought – as long as it stays together then it's a winner in my eyes! Thanks again x

4. July 5, 2013 / 1:12 pm

Really lovely outfit!
    Love it

darlingsophie.blogspot.co.uk

5. July 5, 2013 / 3:43 pm

I'm very impressed by your dress! It's better than any attempt I could do!
    Sophie
    x

• July 7, 2013 / 1:52 pm

Ah thank you πŸ™‚ I reckon you could make one too – I'll attempt to make another one and post about it then you could give it a go πŸ™‚ Thanks again x

6. July 6, 2013 / 10:25 pm

Love this outfit! I've done a few sewing tutorials on my blog and there's a lot more coming up if you'd like to take a look. In the next few weeks is a tutorial on how to make the ASOS gingham smock dress which you might find helpful!

tie-dye-eyes

• July 7, 2013 / 1:54 pm

Thank you! Ah that sounds great – I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for that post as I love the ASOS gingham smock dresses πŸ™‚ Thanks againx